Fort Wayne, IN, Water Heater Repair
Did you know that the average lifespan of your water heater is between 6 and 12 years?
Our trained technicians can help keep your unit operational and perform preventative maintenance. When the time comes for a repair, our technicians will have your water heater back in service as soon as possible. At “Doc” Dancer Heating & Air, we serve the Fort Wayne community with quality water heater repairs.
What Causes a Water Heater to Stop Working?
When your Fort Wayne water heating system goes out, it could be for several different reasons:
- Power/Gas Issues: The simplest problems that could cause water heaters to stop working are a tripped breaker or a pilot light that’s gone out. Also check to make sure the gas is turned on.
- Faulty Thermostat: If the thermostat is faulty, the water heater won’t work despite a functional heating system.
- Water Pressure: A change in pressure can cause the temperature pressure relief valve to open. This gap can cause a leak, preventing appropriate heating. The addition of an expansion tank can help to prevent this situation.
- Electronic Ignition: With electronic ignitions, a dirty flame sensor means that the current is unreadable by the system, preventing the burners from heating.
Signs Your Hot Water Heater Is Going Out
A failing water heater may mean that you’ll soon need a replacement. Look out for these warning signals to find out what options are open to you:
- Puddles and leaks can mean it’s time for water heater replacement.
- Loud noises can be a sign of sediment buildup, overheating and more.
- Discoloration in the liquid from sinks and showers can be a sign of interior rusting.
- More and more cold water is a sign that your unit is reaching its expiration.
- A lifespan approaching 12 years could mean that your water heater will soon be ready for a replacement.
The best way to catch these signs as soon as possible and prevent further damage is to get routine inspections. These inspections will allow you to get the most out of your Fort Wayne water heater with prompt repairs and on-time replacement.
Why Trust Doc Dancer for Water Heater Repair Service
When your water heater goes out, your family suffers. Your family will no longer have the luxury of hot showers. Scrambling to find a replacement and schedule water heater services can be stressful, chaotic, and overwhelming.
Don’t let water heater issues get the best of you. Let Doc Dancer manage the situation for you with our professional water heater repair services.
“Doc” Dancer Heating & Air works on principles of prompt, affordable services and quality customer interactions. We arrive on time, deliver efficient results, and don’t charge you for things you don’t need. Why spend money on the wrong solutions? Call today to speak with our expert technicians and schedule an appointment for repairs or new water heater installation. We service and install both traditional and tankless water heaters.