Fort Wayne, IN Water Heater Repair
Did you know that the average lifespan of your water heater is between 6 and 12 years?
Our trained technicians can help keep your unit operational and perform preventive maintenance. When the time comes for a repair, our technicians will have your Fort Wayne water heater back in service as soon as possible. At “Doc” Dancer Heating & Air, we serve the Fort Wayne community with quality water heater repairs.
What Causes a Water Heater to Stop Working?
When your Fort Wayne water heating system goes out, it could be for several different reasons:
- Power/Gas Issues: The simplest problems that could cause water heaters to stop working are a tripped breaker or a pilot light that’s gone out. Also, check to make sure the gas is turned on.
- Faulty Thermostat: If the thermostat is faulty, the water heater won’t work despite a functional heating system.
- Water Pressure: A change in pressure can cause the temperature-pressure relief valve to open. This gap can cause a leak, preventing appropriate heating. The addition of an expansion tank can help to prevent this situation.
- Electronic Ignition: With electronic ignitions, a dirty flame sensor means that the current is unreadable by the system, preventing the burners from heating.
Signs Your Hot Water Heater Is Going Out
A failing water heater may mean that you’ll soon need new water heater replacement. Look out for these warning signals to find out what options are open to you:
- Puddles and leaks can mean it’s time for water heater replacement.
- Loud noises can be a sign of sediment buildup, overheating and more.
- Discoloration in the liquid from sinks and showers can be a sign of interior rusting.
- More and more cold water is a sign that your unit is reaching its expiration.
- A lifespan approaching 12 years could mean that your water heater will soon be ready for a replacement.
The best way to catch these signs as soon as possible and prevent further damage is to get routine service and inspections. These service inspections will allow you to get the most out of your Fort Wayne water heater with prompt repairs and on-time replacement. If your water heater is beyond repairs and you need a replacement, the experts at “Doc” Dancer also provide new water heater installation service.
Traditional Vs. Tankless Water Heaters
Water heaters are critical to our everyday lives. From washing dishes to taking showers, we require warm or hot water for a number of different uses. However, if you didn’t install the water heater in your home yourself, you may not know if you have a tankless or a traditional water heater.
A traditional water heater has a storage tank attached to the system. These can range in size, but most hold somewhere between 23-56 gallons of water at a time. These systems are usually less expensive to install and maintain than tankless water heaters, but you’ll notice your supply of hot water run out much quicker than it would with a tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters, as the name implies, does not have a tank attached to the system. Instead, hot water flows through a coil system as it’s needed. This replaces the need to store and heat large amounts of water at a single time. These systems are more expensive to install and larger homes sometimes need more than one, but you’ll always have hot water when you need it and you’ll save on your energy bills in the long run.
No matter which type of water heater your Fort Wayne home depends on, it will at some point need water heater repair service. When that day comes, get in contact with “Doc” Dancer for water heater services that your home can count on. When your water heater breaks down on you at the worst possible time, the professionals at “Doc” Dancer will be there swiftly to ensure that your Fort Wayne home isn’t without hot water for long.
Why Trust "Doc" Dancer for Water Heater Repair Service
When your Fort Wayne water heater goes out, your family suffers. Your family will no longer have the luxury of hot showers. Scrambling to find a replacement and schedule water heater services can be stressful, chaotic, and overwhelming.
Don’t let water heater issues get the best of you. Let “Doc” Dancer manage the situation for you with our professional water heater repair service.
“Doc” Dancer Heating & Air in Fort Wayne, IN works on principles of prompt, affordable services and quality customer interactions. We arrive on time, deliver efficient results, and don’t charge you for things you don’t need. Why spend money on the wrong solutions? Call today to speak with our expert technicians and schedule an appointment for repairs or new water heater installation service. We service and install both traditional and tankless water heaters.