New Haven, IN Furnace Installation
Furnace Installation Services in New Haven, IN
Homeowners have choices to make when it comes to deciding what kind of heating system they want in their homes. Furnaces are a great option because they can heat your home quickly and reliably even on the coldest days. If you’re interested in installing a furnace in your new home, or replacing your furnace in your current New Haven, IN home, talk to “Doc” Dancer.
For decades, we’ve helped homeowners find the perfect HVAC equipment to fit their home’s unique heating needs. Keep reading to learn more about furnaces and why you should consider installing one in your home.
How Long Do Furnaces Last?
Furnaces, like any appliance, can cost a lot of money to purchase and then pay for installation service. When you spend so much money on a furnace, or any appliance, you want to make sure it’s going to be worth the money.
The average lifespan of a furnace is about 15-20 years, but some furnaces can last longer or shorter depending on how well they are cared for. Repairing your furnace quickly when issues arise and staying on top of annual maintenance can help extend the life of your furnace. It’s also a good idea to make a regular habit of changing your furnace’s air filter. You can purchase new air filters at your local hardware store. Every three months, or 90 days, swap out your old filter with a new one to keep your system running cleanly and efficiently.
Make sure that you’re not over-exerting your furnace by setting the temperature unnecessarily high. During the winter months, set your thermostat to around 70 degrees for optimal performance. You shouldn’t be wearing shorts in January because your heat is set to 90 degrees every day. This could cause you to limit your furnace’s lifespan.
What Are The Benefits of Upgrading My Furnace?
Many times when issues arise in a furnace, you might be worried that you’ll need to purchase a new heating system. However, more often than not a simple repair is all you need to restore your home to your ideal comfort levels.
However, there are times when repairs are not enough. Your HVAC technician may advise you to replace your furnace because the component that is broken is just as expensive as a whole new unit. But there are many positive sides to upgrading your home’s heating system.
- Better Indoor Air Quality – A new furnace is a clean furnace, and you may notice that once your new unit is installed, the air in your home is cleaner. Many new furnaces also offer spaces for indoor air quality add-ons which can help improve the air quality in your home.
- Save Money – A new furnace shouldn’t need repairs or service for a while, which can save you on repair costs. Newer furnaces are also much more efficient than older ones, which can save you even more money on heating costs.
- Better Efficiency – Newer furnaces are more efficient than the ones made 20 years ago. Your new furnace will burn less fuel to produce more heat, and you’ll notice the difference in comfort right away.
- Improved Comfort – Low airflow, hot and cold spots, and dusty registers will all be a thing of the past once you have a new furnace installed. Many of our customers who decide to replace their furnaces often wish they had done it sooner once they experience the comfort improvements to their home.
What Should I Look For In a New Furnace?
Shopping for a new furnace is like shopping for a new car. There are many pros and cons as well as personal preferences to consider. When you’re looking for a new furnace for your New Haven, IN home, the team at “Doc” Dancer will work with you to find the best system that meets all your needs.
- Budget – Knowing how much you want to spend on a furnace can change the options you have available to you.
- Fuel Source – You can choose between a gas, electric, or oil furnace. If you want a gas furnace, but don’t have one currently, you’ll need a gas line to heat your home. Electric furnaces are highly efficient, but they often don’t heat homes as quickly as gas furnaces do.
- AFUE Rating – AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency and it measures the amount of energy needed to heat your home. High-efficiency systems have an AFUE rating of 90%-98.5%. A mid-efficiency heating system has a rating of 80%-85%. The higher the efficiency rating, the more expensive the model is.
- Size of Your Home – Your furnace needs to be able to heat your entire home. If you purchase a furnace that is too small it could burn a lot of energy struggling to heat your home.
How Can I Afford a New Furnace?
At “Doc” Dancer, we understand that a new furnace is a large purchase for many New Haven, IN homeowners, and it can sometimes come unexpectedly. However, just because you cannot pay for a new furnace entirely does not mean that you do not deserve to heat your home. “Doc” Dancer offers flexible financing options through Wells Fargo and Goodleap to make sure that a new furnace is affordable for everyone. Talk to “Doc” Dancer today to see if you qualify.
Schedule a Furnace Installation Estimate in New Haven, IN Today
“Doc” Dancer is the name to know in New Haven, IN for all your furnace needs. Whether it’s installing a new system, having repairs done, or tuning it up for the winter season, you can count on “Doc” Dancer for quality workmanship and excellent customer service. Schedule an appointment for furnace installation services in New Haven, IN today.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription