We’re VERY excited to announce the addition of Duct Armor to the “Doc’s” IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) tool bag! Duct Armor is a RUBBERIZED DUCT LINER process that coats the ductwork internally with a membrane that creates a brand new, completely clean surface inside the existing duct.
Duct Armor is perfect for:
- In-Slab Duct Work – If your home is on a slab and has in-slab ductwork that is deteriorated, rusted or contains water and moisture, this product is a more cost-effective solution to the expensive, messy and time-consuming process to reroute ductwork overhead. Duct Armor is specifically designed to restore your deteriorating duct work to better-than-new condition.
- Allergen Reduction – Your ducts may be making you sick. Fully lined, clean air ducts can make a dramatic difference in your family’s health.
- Eliminating Smoke Odor – Completely eliminate any smoke odors in your ducting, even after duct cleaning and sanitizing have failed to do so.
- Leaky Overhead Metal Ductwork – Seals air leaks and encapsulates dangerous fibers from breaking away and entering the air stream.
Want to Improve Your Air Quality?
Your indoor air quality is impacted by the cleanliness of your air ducts. If you’ve never had your ducts cleaned or inspected before, the Duct Armor solution may be your best chance at cleaner, healthier air for your home or business. We can provide in ground air duct repair, air duct restoration and more. Our in-slab air duct lining will help protect your ducts and ensure cleaner, healthier air.
We Restore Your Ducts to New Condition
As your heating and cooling system sends air through your ducts, debris from the air can become trapped, greatly reducing the quality of your air. When you work with us, we will take a look inside your ducts and determine the best solution for clearing them out. We will then perform air duct restoration and air vent restoration to get them back into their previous condition so the air that flows through them is clean and healthier to breathe.
We Install a Special Lining
Once your air ducts are clean and clear, we apply an air duct lining that will help keep them in that condition for much longer, greatly improving the quality of the air in your home or business. This in-slab air duct lining will prevent the growth of mold and ensure nothing builds up within the ducts so you can breathe better air. This process will reduce your need for air duct cleaning and provide the environment you deserve.
Call Dale Hubert, our Home Energy and Air Quality Advisor, at 260.744.3251 to find out whether Duct Armor is a good solution for you to improve your indoor air quality. See our coupons too for $50.00 off a video inspection of your duct system!
Air leaks in ductwork cause your energy dollars to float away.
Did you know?
- That on average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooling your home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts?
- That leaks in your ductwork pull mold, dust, and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and/or aggravating allergy problems?
- Nearly 50% of the average home's energy bill is spent on heating and air conditioning. Duct leakage in homes costs consumers $25 billion each year.
- Leaks contribute to safety issues relating to backdrafting of gas appliance fumes, auto exhaust, and radon gas into your living space.
Have you noticed?
- Uncomfortably hot or cold rooms
- Excessive humidity
- Excessive dust
- Musty odors or fume smells
- Increasing energy bills
Well, "Doc" Dancer has the remedy! We are the FIRST company in Northeastern Indiana to offer Aeroseal. Aeroseal is a sealant system which pinpoints and covers duct leaks from the inside out with a success rate of up to 98%. This product is a perfect addition to "Doc's" toolbag to help you enjoy better comfort, lower energy costs, and improved air quality.
Here's how Aeroseal works: Aeroseal software allows our technician to accurately measure the duct leakage in your home. The Aeroseal process puts escaping air under pressure and causes polymer particles to stick first to the edges of a leak, then to each other until the leak is closed.
While energy savings resulting from reducing leakage vary based upon climate, utility rates, and your heating and cooling system, the other goals of even temperatures in all rooms, improved indoor air quality, and reduction of odors and fumes will be improved regardless of these conditions. Bill & Nancy, owners of "Doc" Dancer tried out Aeroseal in their home and this chart shows the noticed improvements:
The Aeroseal 6 step process takes very little time to bring you big savings and comfort:
- Wall registers are covered in order for air to escape only through the leaks
- Sealant is injected into the ducts for approximately one hour
- Small aerosol particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous movement
- As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges
- Ducts are sealed with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material remaining in the ducts
- A computer-generated analysis summarizing your home's amount of leakage reduction is generated, providing verification of the success of the process
Want to learn more about Aeroseal? Click this link for a short video and explanation of the Aeroseal process.
Contact "Doc" Dancer today and we'll be happy to investigate and locate the hidden problem areas in your ducts. 260.744.3251