Homeowners here in Fort Wayne often ask us, “Is annual AC service really needed, even if your air conditioner seems to be working fine?” We definitely recommend a spring AC tune-up each year, and so do agencies like the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and DOE (U.S. Department of Energy). There are plenty of reasons why we do this.
Preventative AC maintenance offers you many benefits. Most importantly, springtime AC service saves you time and money, while supporting a healthy environment. Here we’ll discuss some of the major advantages, in detail, that air conditioner maintenance provides for you and your family.
Professional AC Maintenance: What’s In It for You?
Annual preventative maintenance for your cooling system helps you by:
- Making sure your air conditioner is ready for summer. It’s been quite a while since you last used your air conditioning system, so you’ll want to be sure that it works mechanically. As part of your AC maintenance visit, our HVAC technician will check to be sure your thermostat is operating correctly and that your AC cycles on/off properly to keep your home comfortable.
- Checking for worn parts. Occasionally, worn parts need replacing to avoid an AC breakdown. An expert air conditioning tune-up can detect small problems before they become serious.
- Looking for leaks. Refrigerant leaks can cause AC coils to freeze, along with many other issues. We’ll check the refrigerant pressure and also check your condensate drain for clogs. A condensate clog can interfere with your air conditioner’s humidity control. A clogged condensate drain can cause water damage to your home.
- Keeping equipment lubricated. Working parts need lubrication to work properly and quietly. Lubrication prevents excess friction and premature wear.
- Cleaning the AC coils. Over time, indoor evaporator coils can attract dust, while condenser coils outside can get covered with grass, leaves, and dirt. This can interfere with airflow and heat transfer, decreasing your cooling system’s efficiency.
- Keeping blower components working properly. AC blowers need periodic cleaning and adjustment to avoid airflow problems. Airflow issues can increase energy usage and needlessly raise your energy bills.
- Maintaining AC efficiency. If your cooling system runs below peak efficiency, you’ll be wasting energy and paying energy bills that are higher than necessary. Inefficient AC systems also won’t cool as well, compromising your home comfort.
- Protecting your warranty. Many major brand warranties require that you keep your AC maintained with regular service from an HVAC professional.
- Delaying replacement costs. AC systems are not cheap, and routine professional maintenance protects your investment. You don’t want your AC to get old before its time!
- Saving you time. We always provide prompt service and friendly technicians to repair your HVAC system. However, if you need a repair in the height of summer, when many people are calling us, we may take longer to get to you. That’s why we suggest arranging your service ahead of time, in spring.
- Saving you money. With your AC maintenance service, you not only get peace of mind that your AC is prepared for summer, but you may also avoid the need for an upcoming repair call. Add these savings to your energy-efficiency savings, and the savings you get from extending the life of your air conditioner, and you’ll see how cost-effective preventative maintenance can be!
Where to Get Affordable Annual AC Service in Fort Wayne, IN
Now that you’ve seen the many benefits of springtime AC maintenance, we hope you’ll invite us into your home for your annual pre-season air conditioning checkup! We serve the Greater Fort Wayne area, including the nearby suburbs. Contact “Doc” Dancer, Inc. for AC maintenance today!