As cooler weather approaches, the importance of having a reliable heating system that can keep your home warm and comfortable cannot be overstated. Living in the Fort Wayne, IN area, you know how critical it is to have a properly functioning furnace to survive the winter months. However, with many heaters lasting for years, it can be challenging to identify the right time to replace an aging furnace. At Doc Dancer Heating & Air shares why the fall is an excellent time to consider upgrading your heating system if you think it’s on its way out.
How Long Do Furnaces Last?
Furnaces are not built to last forever, and like any mechanical system, they are subject to wear and tear. On average, a well-maintained furnace can last between 15 to 20 years, depending on its make, usage, and maintenance history. Proper maintenance includes regular cleaning, inspection, and tune-up services, which can increase the lifespan of your furnace.
It is essential to note that as your furnace ages, it becomes less efficient, which could cost you in terms of energy efficiency and higher energy bills. Modern furnaces are more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly than old furnaces, so upgrading your heating system can save you money in energy bills while keeping your family comfortable.
Signs It’s Time For a New Furnace
As your furnace ages, you should watch out for signs that its performance may be declining, indicating that it is time to consider a furnace replacement. Some of the common signs that suggest it may be time to replace your furnace include:
- Age: A furnace that is almost 15 years old or more is more likely to need repairs and be less energy-efficient than a newer model.
- Increasingly High Gas and Energy Bills: A furnace becoming less efficient over time, leading to higher gas and utility bills, is a telltale sign that it’s time for a new furnace.
- Frequent Breakdowns: If you have had to call in a furnace repair technician often because your furnace keeps breaking down, it is an indication that your heater’s lifespan may be coming to an end.
- Unusual Noises: If your heating system makes unusual, loud, or frequent strange noises, it is a sign that it may be time to replace your furnace.
Why Fall is the Best Time to Consider Upgrading Your Furnace
Furnaces can stop working at any point in time. By being proactive, you can save yourself a lot of time and headaches by investing in a new furnace before winter comes. Think back to how well your heating system performed last winter. If you needed frequent repairs and suffered from high energy bills, a new furnace might be in your future.
Fall is an excellent time to start the new furnace shopping process. Here is why:
- Convenience: Scheduling a furnace replacement during fall provides more flexibility since winter is not yet in full swing, so you can avoid the inconvenience of a broken furnace during peak demand times. HVAC companies often have more availability for appointments in the fall, which can help start the installation process sooner.
- Cost Savings: An older furnace often leads to higher gas and utility bills. Replacing it with a new, energy-efficient model means you will save money in the long run. Furnace repairs can add up quickly. By replacing your old furnace before the winter starts, you won’t have to worry about heating system repair costs for a long time.
- Preparedness: You do not want your family to be caught off guard when temperatures drop and your furnace decides to stop working. A new, reliable heating system will give you peace of mind. Should your system fail in the middle of winter and a new system cannot be installed for a few days, it could be a dangerous situation. However, fall in Fort Wayne is often very comfortable and mild, which makes for a less uncomfortable experience to be without heat.
- Professional HVAC Advice: Fall is an ideal time to have one of our NATE-certified technicians assess the energy efficiency of your heating system and offer expert advice on furnace replacement and other ways to save money over the winter months.
How Can I Afford A New Furnace?
Investing in new heating and cooling systems can be expensive, but well worth the money. Many homeowners put off the purchase of a new heating system because they are worried about the expensive upfront cost. However, it’s much more practical to invest in a new furnace replacement rather than continue to sink money into furnace repairs.
Doc Dancer can help Fort Wayne area homeowners afford a new furnace with flexible financing options. For those who qualify, financing can help get the installation process started sooner, so you can start enjoying your cozy and comfortable home while making small monthly payments. Contact us today to see if you qualify.
Get a Quote for Furnace Replacement in Fort Wayne, IN Today
A furnace is an essential component of your home’s heating system, and it is crucial to know when to replace it. The fall season is an ideal time to consider upgrading your system for a more efficient and reliable heating function. If you are experiencing any of the four signs mentioned above, it may indicate that your furnace is in need of a replacement.
Get in touch with Doc Dancer Heating & Air today to schedule an appointment with one of our certified technicians who will assess your current heating system and offer you expert advice. We offer elite furnace replacement services tailored to meet your home heating needs.