We have a few more months before colder weather starts to creep in, but you may already be wondering how to best prepare your home. One important step is scheduling furnace maintenance. Doc Dancer Heating & Air explains why it’s important to have your furnace checked out in the fall.
Why Schedule Furnace Maintenance in Fall?
Even before the weather starts to cool down, it’s important to think about heating system maintenance. Scheduling fall furnace maintenance can help you avoid problems when you need your furnace the most – during the cold winter months.
Most people think furnace maintenance is something that needs to be done in the dead of winter when the furnace is working overtime to keep your home warm. However, furnace maintenance is actually best performed in the fall, before the cold weather sets in. When you schedule furnace maintenance in the fall, you can take care of any problems in advance and be confident that your furnace will be ready to go when you need it.
Benefits of a Furnace Tune-Up
A fall furnace maintenance check is the perfect time to address any furnace repair needs before the winter heating season starts. Furnace repair can be expensive, so it’s important to catch any problems early. In addition, annual maintenance can help improve your furnace’s efficiency, which will save you money on your energy bills. A furnace that runs efficiently will also generate less pollution, making it better for the environment.
Just like any other appliance in your home, your furnace needs a little TLC from time to time to keep it running smoothly. And while furnace maintenance may seem like a typical chore, it can help to extend the life of your furnace. This professional service will help prevent wear and tear on the furnace so it does not break down prematurely.
What Happens During a Furnace Tune-Up?
During a furnace maintenance visit, technicians take the following steps to make sure you are getting the most out of your furnace:
- Visually inspect the furnace, looking for any damage or signs of wear and tear.
- Check the furnace filter and clean or replace it as needed. A clean furnace filter will help your furnace run more efficiently.
- Inspect the furnace blower motor
- Oil the furnace blower motor if necessary. This will help keep the motor running smoothly.
- Inspect the furnace burners and clean them if necessary. Dirty burners can cause your furnace to use more energy than necessary.
- Test the furnace safety switch and make sure it is working properly. This switch is designed to shut off the furnace if there is a problem with the flame sensor or other components.
- Inspect the flue pipe for rust or other damage and repair or replace it as necessary.
- Vacuum out the furnace cabinet to remove any dirt or dust that has accumulated over time.
- Inspect all of the ductwork for leaks and recommend sealing for any leaks that are found. Your HVAC technician will make sure you don’t have a cracked heat exchanger, as this could lead to dangerous carbon monoxide leaks.
Schedule Fall Furnace Maintenance Today
Fall is the perfect time to schedule your furnace maintenance. By catching any potential problems early, you can avoid a costly and inconvenient breakdown in the middle of winter. Routine maintenance tune-ups can help extend the lifespan of your heating system so you get the most out of it as possible. Doc Dancer provides quality heating and cooling services to those in the Fort Wayne area, and you can trust us to get the job done right. Contact us today to schedule your fall furnace tune-up!